CENTERED BY MADELINE BLACK
My first comprehensive book of my approach to the body in movement is now available for purchase!
Centered: Organizing the Body through Kinesiology, Movement Theory and Pilates Techniques
$49.95 + $11.50 Shipping and Handling
(plus sales tax to California residents only)
Sales outside of the U.S. $49.95 + $37.50 Shipping and Handling
All copies of Centered purchased on this website will be signed by Madeline and shipped with a free gift set of “Posture Pencils”
(Standing on Posture Pencils placed under the proper weight bearing bones of the feet and feeling the body weight distributed on the Posture Pencils aligns the whole body with ease. It is an instant felt sense tool giving a sensory and motor learning experience for standing with optimal posture. Read more about it in “Centered” chapter one. )
If you’d like to have a copy signed as a gift, or a specific name, please enter the persons name in the form below.
To purchase 2 or more books, please contact me at:
See Madeline’s “Centered” interview with Kristi Cooper on Pilates Anytime!
Centered sets out to define a scope of practice – the integrative movement practitioner. The practice encompasses:
- An understanding of the body’s movement potential
- Analysis of the available movement in the body by identifying holding patterns caused by dysfunctional movement in the individual
- Changing restrictions through techniques such as muscle energy, innovative Pilates set-ups on the apparatus and hands-on work
- Developing a whole body approach for strengthening and brain imprinting exercises to reinforce a new way of moving
- Self practice and continued education
320 pages, highly illustrated paperback